Fitzroy Town Hall’s Classical Victorian design – dating back to 1873 – is a statement of the aspirations and burgeoning wealth Melbourne was experiencing during the gold rush era.
The Fitzroy Town Hall was rejuvenated to its former glory in 2007. Heritage areas were sympathetically restored, while modern improvements were added including a lift, commercial kitchen, and heating and cooling.
This stunning venue is suited to many different types of events including cocktail parties, balls and formal dinners.
Features and Facilities
- 31 x 14m floor space
- Wooden floors
- Commercial kitchen; additional charges apply
- 30 trestle tables (seating 8 – 10 people)
- 10 round tables (seating 8 – 10 people)
- 300 chairs
- PA equipment is available upon request; additional charges apply
- Fitzroy Town Hall is fully wheelchair accessible
- Download the Fitzroy Town Hall Floor Plan
- Download Council’s Events and Festivals Disability Guide
Restrictions and Further Information
- All functions must finish by 10pm Sunday to Thursday or by 1am Fridays and Saturdays.
- Fitzroy Town Hall is in a residential area and located above a library; noise levels must be monitored.
- Hirers must supply their own cutlery, crockery, glassware and linen.
- Hirers may choose their own caterer; names of recommended caterers can be provided upon request.
- This is not a licensed venue. Hirers must apply for a temporary limited licence if they intend to sell alcohol. If a hirer wishes to supply alcohol free of charge or to allow their guests to bring their own alcohol, they must submit a Partysafe form to Victoria Police.
- Download the Frequently Asked Questions
- Download the Terms and Conditions
- View the hire fees for this venue. Security fees may also be applicable. Discounts are available for not-for-profit organisations.
- If you are an official not for profit organisation or community group you may be eligible for a 20% discount on hall hire costs (not including the bond or public liability insurance charge).
- If you are an incorporated organisation with an ABN who is based in the City of Yarra, you can apply for a further discount once every financial year. Please contact the booking officer for an application form when placing your booking.
- If successful you will only pay 10% of the venue hire costs (not including bond, AV equipment or public liability insurance charge).
- This discount is capped at 12 hours.
- Please note, we have a limited pool of funds available every financial year.
- Please refer to the Discounted Use Fact Sheet for further information.