Yarra City Council is seeking Expressions of Interest for two roles on the Leaps and Bounds Music Festival 2017:
- Festival Programmer
- Sponsorship Manager
Council will consider proposals that combine both roles.
Leaps and Bounds Music Festival has been running since 2013 and has taken place over 17 days in July. Each year there has been over 300 events and over 500 participating artists, in up to 50 local venues.
Live music venues in Yarra are the primary focus for Leaps and Bounds Music Festival.
Some of the features of the Festival have been all ages gigs, bus tours and Indigenous programming.
Council is continuing our financial and in-kind support of Leaps and Bounds. We will work closely with the Festival Programmer and Sponsorship Manager to realise the 2017 Festival.
Applicants for both the Programing and Sponsorship roles need to explore how the Festival can stimulate business, nurture relationships, create community connections, and promote venues, live music and musicians, during the quieter, winter months.
Council is offering a base fee of $10,000 for the role, Council will consider proposals for ticket sales share.
You will be expected to compile a cohesive program that demonstrates the breadth and depth of live music, and reflects both the history and the future of music, in Yarra. Please address the following:
- an overall programming logic that is designed to meet the aims of the Festival
- a program that is curated and features highlights from existing venues programming
- special events that are produced into certain venues and precincts
- events or activities that connect venues across the festival and the municipality
- collaborating with venues, artists, bookers, labels, promoters, media and sponsors
- identifying and addressing gaps in ‘typical’ or ‘regular’ programming
- existing or new relationships between venues, local businesses and the community
- opportunities for non-traditional artists and audiences to be involved
Council is offering the Sponsorship Manager a $1000 fee plus a 30% commission.
The Sponsorship Manager will need to:
- understand and work with existing relationships in the music sector between brands and venues, promoters, labels and artists
- find opportunities that can unify the municipality, particular precincts, music venues, businesses and audiences
- explore points of connection and difference – such as genre, location, identity and audience.
Council is limited by the sponsorship agreements it is able to enter into; tobacco and gambling are not appropriate for example.
How to submit your interest:
This Expression of Interest opens on Monday 3 October and closes on Friday 4 November at 5pm.
What to submit:
1: Up to 500 word pitch of your ideas
2: Your CV
3: Referees who can support your proposal
This EOI is now closed.
For more information:
For further information please contact Siu Chan firstname.lastname@example.org or 9205 5045.
Image: HITS at The Tote by Michael Barry